Friday, May 13, 2005

My 15 nanoseconds of fame

Well yours-truely got published in the Michigan City News Dispatch over the crisis in our school system. It was just a quick note in the Rapid Response section

I have to laugh seeing the responses defending Gene Sweeney. Read them a little deeper and you will discover that not only did Sweeney insult teachers, he insulted his own management skills, all of the students in the MCAS, and the entire community. Remember, these are your kids that our assistant superintendent doesn't want his kids around.


It'll be interesting to see whether the schools system does something about this or not. Right now they aren't commentting on this, saying that is a "personnel issue". Blah. So I guess if the CEO of GM came out and said "Damn our factory workers suck, and I wouldn't trust these people to make me a car. That's why I drive a BMW" it would be OK. Yeah right, he would be out the door right away. But I guess since it is only kids we are dealing with it doesn't matter nearly as much, as if profits were involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home