Thursday, June 02, 2005

BECAUSE I AM THE [BLEEP]ING BLOGGER, THAT'S WHY!

Oh yes, the hot topic of the day, one Oswaldo Guillen Senior.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Timo Perez listed at first base, and I couldn't believe it when I saw Kevin Walker trotted out there in the 7th inning with the Sox nursing a one run lead. Normally I am not one for second guessing managers (usually I first guess them when the move happens) but these moves call for some shock. These two moves cost the Sox a winnable game, despite the attempts of the offense to play the heros late.

Timo Perez in his first career MLB game at first base, missed a low throw that most first basemen would have at least knocked down, if not caught easily, which ended up leading to two runs, 22 extra pitches, and the unraveling of Jose Contreras.


Kevin Walker coming into the game was just about as baffeling, and as costly. Walker came in in the 7th inning of a one run game, and couldn't find the strike zone at all. He ended up being charged with 4 runs after Jose Vizcaino gave up the remainder of his runs. For his efforts Walker recieved a bus pass to Charlotte after the game, thankfully.

It sucks that today is an off-day, as after losses like this it is nice to play again ASAP. On the bright side the Sox do still have the major leagues best record to make themselves feel a little better, at 35-18.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home