Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Bid is in

First of all screw the real estate industry for having the wrong terminology. You don't put an offer out to buy something, you bid on it. You offer to sell something. Having worked in trading for 7 years now, it is a pet peeve of mine.

[/rant]

Anyway, we did end up putting a bid on the house on Elston Street. It is low and optimistic at best, but I am more interested in seeing what/if we get for a counter offer to see if we are in the ballpark with this place.

Friday July 1st is when the seller has until to reject, accept, or counter our proposal. Now the waiting begins. Personally I wish it was more like my industry where I could be face to face and pound out terms and price in seconds instead of days... yawn.

4 Comments:

Blogger RarelyQuiet said...

Well at least you don't have to worry about other's bidding against you right? I had that problem. Not a fun time.

1:43 PM  
Blogger southsider2k5 said...

It doesn't sound like anyone else is bidding, but our realtor is also the listing agent, so he isn't allowed to devulge lots of that information.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Ilk said...

The term "put an offer in" always pisses me off too. Wonder why?

9:07 PM  
Blogger RarelyQuiet said...

Well good luck either way. Hopefully it's a done deal and everything falls into place. Just an FYI for you, make sure you give yourself enough time to close. I gave myself 45 days and I cut it so close I closed on the 45th day at 4:00 PM!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home